High School Reading List
Back in May, the #weneeddiversebooks campaign lit a fire to fulfill the desperate need for diverse books in children’s literature. Behind the Book has always championed efforts to find diverse authors and protagonists that will appeal to students since we serve communities of color. For your enjoyment (and enrichment), we’ve created an epic list of diverse books to reflect the diversity in our city; here’s our list for high school students.
For descriptions, click the read more!
I’ve featured quite a few of these books for Fiction Week, and I know that many educators would be interested in a list like this. Thanks for making it.
some fun sex tropes:
- laughing during sex
- and/or things going wrong during sex that leads to laughter
- sex on a countertop/tabletop/sink because we couldn’t wait to get somewhere with cushions
- kissing to stay quiet
- biting to stay quiet
- one person meticulously doing something entirely for the other’s benefit without expectation or need of reciprocation
- "wow i did not know that was A Thing for me until right now and i’m totally fine with that but for the love of god keep doing it"
- someone straddling the other while they’re “trying to read” and slowly getting them to put the book away
- "you’re only allowed to sit there and watch until i tell you otherwise"
- kissing anywhere but the lips
- alternatively, touching anywhere but where the person desperately wants to be touched
- "we couldn’t find a condom so we’re getting each other off in other ways" sex
- anything involving the secretive brushing of fingertips against inner thighs in public spaces
- sex with clothes half on/panties still on
- the pleasant misuse of ties
- sleepy morning kisses that accidentally turn intense